Pages



Saturday 14 January 2017

Anastasia Modern Renaissance Palette


Hey loves,

I've just got back from London after watching the NBA game of the Indiana Pacers vs Denver Nuggets which was amaaaazing. Denver won which happened to be the team I wasn't supporting but all in all it was one of the best nights ever. The atmosphere was incredible, luckily i've been to the States a few times and it honestly felt like I was there. Except, when we stepped out of the O2 Arena, it was freezing cold and heavily snowing so not quite the same.


Whenever I go travelling somewhere I always pack way too heavy with the make up even when i'm there for 1 or 2 nights, I like to have options okay. 
This time though I managed to restrain from packing my entire make up collection and only brought my essentials with me. One of them happening to be my post recent purchase The Anastasia Modern Renaissance Palette - for ages this was out of stock on the Cult Beauty website but I signed up to the waiting list and then received the best email saying it had been restocked, of which I Purchased...Immediately. 


With it being priced at £41 I thought is it really going to be worth it? I have quite a few Anastasia products already in my collection which I adore. I did find myself reading lots and lots of reviews (which I do anyway for most things) before I bought this just to make sure that i'd done all the research I could, even though just looking at it alone I could already tell I was going to love these colours. 

The palette comes with 14 shades - 3 metallic and 11 matte. Every shade compliments the other so you can make hundreds of looks from a natural everyday or a warm bold smokey eye. This palette would most likely be put into the "autumn make up look category" but I wear these sorts of colours all year round so its a win win from me.


Knowing that all of my other Anastasia products are super pigmented, I knew this would be no different. I wasn't expecting for it to be as pigmented as it truly is though, one small tap of your brush picks up so much product that you don't want it to go anywhere near your eye. In the fear of not being able to blend it out and then you're stuck with a patch of super dark product trying to think of how you can pull it off. (this has happened to me, it isn't pretty) After tapping off the excess and praying to the make up gods that you're not about to ruin your entire face which has taken about an hour to perfect. The shadows blend so so beautifully that you sit there and wonder what you were ever concerned about in the first place. I then moved onto the metallic shades, I often have a love hate relationship with these types of shades, they often look beautiful in the pan but when you go to put them on your eye there is no colour pay off. Which means I'm often switching between palettes as there isn't a shimmery/metallic colour which is as pigmented as all the mattes (hence the taking every palette I own away when travelling, see there is some form of reason to it). 


You also get a little  dual ended brush in the palette aswell which I haven't used yet as often brushes that come with palettes tend to be quite crappy. However, one end of the brush is super fluffy and looks like it would blend quite well, some reviews have said that they can use the brush to do their eyeshadow which is a plus I guess. I'm just very loyal to my MAC 217 and Zoeva Soft Definer Brush.


I'm so glad I purchased this palette and will definitely become one of my most used in my collection. My one dislike with this palette is the outside packaging, I love the pink covering and its great that it comes with a mirror which is so handy for travelling. As the outside has a velvet feel to it, I can see it picking up dirt quite quickly and easily and its already become scratched and damaged in my suitcase cries.

Apart from that its so so worth the money. Purchase the palette here - https://www.cultbeauty.co.uk/anastasia-beverly-hills-modern-renaissance-eye-shadow-palette.html 

Lauren x



8 comments :

  1. I've just bought this too, can't wait to start using it!


    Parie x
    Class and Glitter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its even more amazing than I thought it would be! Knocks my Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette out of the water! (which is saying something!) xx

      Delete
  2. Ah I'm still so tempted by this palette and your post has made me want it even more!

    The Makeup Directory

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    I have purchased the same palette with the same packing from Cult Beauty, but the quality is horrible. It just does not blend well and it looks like it is fake. How does yours blend? I think that this one is not the authentic one, because all of the other Modern Renaissance have the Anastasia Logo with a different font.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. But checked their official acc on insta n fb! All pics of this palette is without logo! Can't understand what's original or what's what!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The packaging has been changed seen on their page!

      Delete