Pages



Sunday 26 February 2017

Tanya Burr Collection Review



If you're from the blogging/ youtube world you will no doubt of heard of Tanya Burr. She is one of my favourite vloggers to watch on youtube and I am obsessed with her blog and since then she has come out with a range of new products. 

From false eyelashes and lipgloss to eyeshadow palettes and highlighters, you'll probably find it in Tanya's growing range.

I was so excited when she announced the range was coming out as I knew it was going to be something exciting and everyone wanted a piece of the collection. I was quite late to the bandwagon with these as I think I ordered them about a year after they were released. I'm quite picky when it comes to buying new make up products, it usually takes me quite a while before I take the plunge an order it.



I had picked up a pair of Tanya's lashes from her original collection when they were first released, to be honest I didn't like them that much. I found that they looked so plasticy and false on my eyes, I put that down to not being used to wearing false eyelashes now though. Whereas now I'll be able to wear pretty much anything and try and make them work whether I like them or not, I must give them another try though as they always seem to look gorgeous on Tanya.

I have never been one to like lipgloss but as it was from Tanya's range I somehow thought this would magically make me fall inlove with wearing lipgloss. wrong. I just need to accept that lipgloss is not my thing and never will be my thing. I hate the feeling of it, heaven forbid wearing it on a windy day as my hair will be glued to my face. I do love the look of it though which is annoying.


The one palette I did have my eye on for SUCH a long time was her in her Soft Luxe collection which consisted off two eyeshadow palettes, matte nail polish and liquid lipsticks. 

This was her "Birthday Suit" palette, which was filled with brown neutrals and sparkly chocolate shades. These are my favourite kind of eyeshadows to wear so I knew if I was going to have anything it was going to be this.

I ordered mine from Feel Unique and at the time I think they had some sort of offer on so I picked up the other palette also called "Enchanted Dream" which is still really neutral but just a tad more on the cooler-toned side. 


These palettes are so pigmented and easy to blend it puts some higher end palettes to shame for the price. I love how Tanya has designed her palettes, she's made them look so young and fun.  With the heart shaped mirror and the star detailing on each of the shadows brings something different.






Along with Tanya's staple ranges she also brought out christmas collections. I picked up two palettes from her most recent collection in 2016. 

This palette is called the "Beautifully Defined Palette" it comes with 3 eyeshadows, a bronzer, a highlighter and a face illuminator (not pictured.) 

I love the eyshadows that come within this palette, i've only just noticed its basically a dupe for the Nars duo in Isolde. I have used the highlighter a few times and I think i've used the bronzer only once. I'm quite picky with bronzers and for me this one doesn't stand out enough I don't find it gives me the bronzed look I tend to go for. 


This is the second palette called "Pretty Unstoppable" I managed to pick up in the christmas collection in 2016. The shadows are still beautiful and pigmented and the Tanya Burr shadow formula is amazing. I quite like the blush that comes with this collection and the shimmer is the same as the previous.

One thing I love the most about Tanya Burr Cosmetics is the names she choses for each of the shades/products. It just shows how much time and effort Tanya takes to create these products and it makes it so personal aswell. 

This palette also comes with one of my FAVOURITE Tanya Burr products, a mini matte lipstick in the shade "Martha Moo". I have the full size of this but I think the baby version is so cute. 

Have you tried any of the Tanya Burr Cosmetics range?

Lauren x

No comments :

Post a Comment