Pages



Sunday 19 March 2017

My Favourite Make Up Brushes






I don't think there is anything more exciting than getting a new make up brush, its brand new and is going apply your make up flawlessly. 

I can't bring myself to buy brushes which are super high end and priced ridiculously high when there are such good brushes for much less. A few years ago I purchased the Zoeva Rose Golden Brush Set which gave you 8 brushes for £65. Which I think is amazing for how good the brushes are, plus they're beautiful to look at. I'm pretty sure i've had these brushes before they were even stocked on Beauty Bay because I ordered them from the official site. 

Zoeva is probably one of my favourite make up brand, selling brushes to lipstick to eyeshadow palettes. Nothing I've had from there has EVER disappointed me. 
When it comes to eyeshadow there is no brush I would use other than the Zoeva Soft Definer Brush - with it only being £9 I have 3 of them so I can use them for different colours or incase i've been lazy and not washed one. Nothing worse than wanting a subtle pink shimmery eye and you're using a brush with dark brown eyeshadow on.  No matter how much you wash these brushes they always remain as soft as when I first bought them and have kept their shape too.



My parents bought my the MAC 217 brush as a christmas present a few years ago, which I did love just as much as my Zoeva one. They look IDENTICAL just MAC's is a much higher price tag rolling in at £21 for one brush. I hate to say it but it feels quite scratchy on my eye now and unfortunately isn't used as much. 

If you're wanting a good bronzer brush then there is no other way to go than either the Real Techniques Blush Brush or Zoeva Luxe Sheer Cheek brush. I'm never put off by Brush names as they always have a specific use but as there are no rules in make up, you can use it for whatever you want. Although the Blush brush is amazing for blusher too, lately i've been using it as a bronzer brush and absolutely loving the results. 

For my powder I'm obsessed with my Look Good Feel Better Contour brush which was originally bought for contour uses but I find it too dense for that. I love using it to set my foundation with my powder as it packs on just the right amount. 

For eyebrows there is no brush i'd use other than MAC 263  which was the cult eyebrow brush on youtube a few years ago, I think it still is now. This has to be one of my favourite brushes as although i've had it for the exact same time as my MAC 217 it hasn't failed me yet. If you want a good eyebrow then this is the brush you need.

Technically this isn't a brush but still comes under the Make up Application category, I wouldn't be able to do my face without my sponges. For years my favourite was the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge I had 4 but I think i've lost it so now i'm down to 3 which you could see as a bit excessive but I love it that much. I still have the first one I ever bought which is a bit battered and bruised now but I cant bring myself to throw it away. I'm pretty sure you're meant to throw these away after 6 months? Oh well. There is nothing more satisfying that cleaning your make up sponge, its probably one of my favourite parts. 

Still on the topic of sponges, I recently splurged on the Beauty Blender which has been an absolute cult for the past couple of years, I couldn't understand why it was so good until I had my own. I do find its slightly harder to clean than the Real Techniques one (without using half your bottle of brush cleanser) but the finish of it is exactly the same. You don't have to have both of them as I personally feel they have the exact same effect, just one is slightly cheaper than the other.

what are your favourite brushes?


2 comments :

  1. I too love the RT sponge but such a pain to clean!

    Parie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they're both as bad as eachother to clean, but RT slightly less! x

    ReplyDelete