Pages



Sunday 12 March 2017

Spring Make Up Shake Up




Where i'm from it has gotten so much warmer and the other day I left work on my lunch break without my coat and was walking in the beautiful sunshine. Surprising as the week previous we were battling with storm Dorris and it was absolutely freezing. 

Now it OFFICIALLY feels like Spring, watch next week it will be pouring down with rain and the temperature will be heading back into the minuses. But i'm clinging onto the beautiful flowers which are appearing in the grass and the beautiful sunshine and hoping the wonderful weather sticks around for a little longer.

As I get so excited about Winter make up, dark berry lips, bronzed skin and bronze eyeshadows, moving into Spring can be quite difficult sometimes especially if you get into routine and find some beautiful make up finds. 

This year i'm making a conscious effort to push myself into more Spring make up and brighten up my complexion and make up stash a little more. With that being said, I do feel that you can wear your darker berry tones and darker eyeshadows all year round if you wanted to, I can never just stick to certain products for a certain season. It just doesn't work for me. If I want to wear Rimmel London "Starry Eyed" (a deep dark purple) in the middle of April, I will. 

Recently I've picked up MAC Really me - I dedicated a whole post to it, read it here.
Its a gorgeous pinky-mauve and is a great way to step into Spring. Its a matte formula (my fave kind) and is still neutral enough to wear everyday, not one of those bright barbie pink lipsticks most people associate with Spring.

Poudre Soleil & Blush - I bought this a few weeks before I went on my summer holiday last year after seeing Zoella rave about hers. I was abit scared of this at first as it looks quite dark in the pan and didn't want to look like i'd rolled in mud. It looks absolutely amazing on the skin with its mix of bronze shades and a coral blush in the middle, its the perfect combo for stepping into Spring/ Summer. These only come out as limited editions in the summer, so be sure to pick yourself one up quick if they get brought out again this year.


MAC Strobe cream - I ordered this along with my Really Me lipstick, i've been eyeing them up for a while and I'm trying to get into more dewy glowing skin for Spring/ Summer. I've always been a matte kinda girl, if my foundation isn't set with a powder then I feel like some foundations make me look greasy. I've seen some tutorials with this already and have quite high hopes for it. 


NYX Gel Liner in Dark Brown - Last year I saw quite a few people swapping dark black liner with brown gel liner or a smokey pencil liner. I was totally into this last year and I think it really softens any eye look making it look a little less harsh. 


LO'real Le Blush in Peach Blush - This is one of my favourite products which i've recently bought which is rare because its not often i'll purchase something and love it instantly. Its a coral blush which is perfect for the warmer months and brightening up your skin. 


3 comments :

  1. Such pretty picks, Spring really is the perfeft time to wear pink and blush makeup! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Parie, I know right! It never used to be my sort of thing at all, now it's all I want to wear! Roll on the warmer weather xx

      Delete