Pages



Tuesday 7 March 2017

Unloved: Charlotte Tilbury


Charlotte Tilbury is probably one of the most lusted after brands, and why wouldn't it be? With the perfect rose gold packaging for a flat lay, metallic outer packaging which makes you just want to have it as an accessory on your make up vanity. 

Since seeing everyone and their cat obsess over Charlotte Tilbury products, I knew it was something I needed to get my hands on. Because why not add to my already over flowing collection of make up that I don't really need. (I seriously need it)

After swooning over the website multiple times, checking the price tags, clicking the X button at the top of my screen trying to muster the courage to click "proceed to payment" on products which were ever so expensive, surely they are worth the hype?

So one day I was scrolling through the website again, knowing I needed to get my hands on some of it. But what one do I chose first? The Wonderglow? The Filmstar Bronze & Glow palette? Or the Matte Revolution Lipsticks? 

I'm one of those people who reads lots of reviews on a product before I purchase it, most of them very trusted reviews from people i've been reading from for a really long time. 
So why wouldn't the products be as amazing as everyone says they are? 

I ordered the Quick and Easy glow kit from her website for a hefty £55, which doesn't seem a lot for what you get within the kit. You're right, you do get 3 full size products and 2 miniature ones. 
I was waiting patiently for this to arrive and I was so so excited when it did, it arrived in the sleek plum box that you see all over Youtube and Instagram, the gorgeous Charlotte Tilbury make up bag and each product beautifully presented in the matching plum boxes. 

The product I was most excited about had to be the Matte Revolution lipstick, i'd been wanting to try one for absolutely ages. When I saw that this shade "Very Victoria" came within the kit I was so excited and guess what? It was full size. Winner.

With its Browney-rosey shade, there was no way I wasn't going to like this, like I said everyone had raved about it right? But on a serious note, where is the pigmentation in this? Where is the longevity and where is the colour? I don't think i've ever been so dissapointed in a lipstick - a matte one too. I was hoping this was going to be the same as my long loved MAC matte lipsticks which are a lot cheaper but my god are they so much better quality.  Since having this, i've never used it for a day out or an event because it simply wont last, you can barely see its even there. 

Moving on, the second product I was so hopeful for is the Colour Chameleon in Amber Haze, everyone and their nan has this product. Everyone and their nan RAVES about this product. So why did I hate it? I adore the colour, I want to love it so so much. It was so chalky and rough on my eyelids, It needed to be creamier and more pigmented. Eye's are so delicate so having a really rough eyeshadow stick put all over your eyelid isn't the most comfortable thing. 
Maybe I got a dodgy one but this did not work for me like it seems to work with everyone else.

Lets talk lashes. Within this kit you are blessed with a mini version of Charlotte's Legendary Lashes mascara, a mascara which should bless you with X13 more volume. For a mascara which should cost usually £25.00 my god does it flake off and end up underneath your eyes instead of your lashes. 
I didn't feel like it added any volume or length, it just made my lashes  slightly darker? Hey, what mascara doesn't do that unless its a clear one. It's a no from me. 

Another product within the kit is the Beach stick in Moon Beach, i've never used a product like this before and I was really excited to give it ago although cream products terrify me. It claims that with one stroke you'll have a dewy & youthful glow. I want to try this a few more times because although the first time I couldn't really tell it was there. I might try this under my foundation next time as when I applied it ontop of my face it swiped off my foundation and I couldn't tell what was product and what was skin, is that a good thing? I don't hate this, i'm going to trial it a few more times before I report back. The colour is absolutely beautiful and does look like a summer glow in a tube, maybe this will work better when i've got a tan? 

Lastly, in the beautiful make up bag you receive a miniature Wonderglow. Probably one of the most sought after products Charlotte sells. I too wanted to believe in the hype that this product makes you glow from within and is a great base for your foundation. I just didn't see it do much for me, which is okay because not all products work for everyone. Yes it made my skin look semi-glowy all over but as soon as I put my foundation on it just dissapeared, I suppose it doesn't claim to extend the longevity of your make up but its always a bonus.


I've never seen a bad review on Charlotte Tilbury which is what made me so excited for the products. So after reviewing these products I knew I had to write about how I felt about them because I had never seen anyone not write these things, which equally made me so nervous that everyone would hate it or think i'm "bashing" the brand/ products. I'm not, they just didn't work for me as they seemed to work for everyone else which I find equally as weird. 

I don't want my blog to be a negative place, but I feel if you don't believe in something - why hide it away if no one else feels the same? 

What are your thoughts on Charlotte Tilbury? Whats your favourite or least used product?

Thanks for reading, 

Lauren xxx




No comments :

Post a Comment